Gel nail polish at home or in a beauty studio is a technique to adorn manicures and pedicures for more than 30 years. This nail art style is easy to apply. Although it guarantees excellent results, there are some concerns related to its negative effects.
How does the gel nail polish works at home?
Push back cuticles. Remove oils from the nail, so the gel adheres more strongly. Apply a coat of gel nail polish and dry under a UV Light for 30 seconds. Apply the second coat and dry again.
- With gel nail polish your manicure lasts at least two weeks.
- Gel manicures and pedicures are the best choice if you are going on a vacation.
- It is easy to apply.
- Gel many dries super fast.
- Cosmetic experts claim that it is better than acrylic nails which often permanently damages nails.
- One of the ingredients of the gel polishes is chemical called methyl acrylate. It can cause an allergic skin reaction. Removing the polish and treating the skin with a cortisone cream will clear the rash.
- There is another chemical, butylated hydroxyanisol (BHA), found in some gel nail polishes. It is considered a cancer-causing agent.
- You`ll have to use ultraviolet light to dry gel nail polish. It is better to find a LED (light emitting diode) light to set the gel polish.
Tips to master Gel nail polish at home
- Check the ingredient list of the gel nail polish. Avoid gels containing methyl acrylate and butylated hydroxyanisol (BHA).
- Try to avoid significant exposure to UV light, apply an SPF 30 or higher sunscreen to your hands and fingers.
- To remove the gel, you need to wrap each nail with a piece of cotton soaked in acetone polish remover covered with a small piece of aluminum foil for 10-15 minutes. Massaging a moisturizer into you nails several times each day will help to combat the dryness after removing the gel.
- Get gel nail polish manicures at certain important occasions like going on a long vacation.