Best water flosser definitely makes teeth cleaning more enjoyable. The oral irrigator helps deep clean your teeth, gums, and tongue. It leaves your mouth feeling fresh and clean. Furthermore this electric device improves your oral health. Using this effective tool you gain confidence from a perfect smile.
Brushing teeth is not sufficient to maintain proper oral hygiene. There are places that the toothbrush can`t reach. That is the reason for dentists to recommend dental irrigators. Another of the benefits of this device is that it removes the dental plaque that sticks to your teeth, and under the gumline.
How to Clean your Teeth Properly?
Cleaning your teeth is important for your overall health. There are four important steps to remove bacteria, build-up of calcium deposits and food debris from your mouth. The first step is to brush your teeth with soft toothbrush or electric toothbrush. The second one includes using floss between every tooth. Then switch to using inter dental sticks. Last but not least is to apply water flosser to complete the cleaning. Recently, many experts claim that oral irrigators are not only an alternative to string floss, but an essential part of proper dental care. This electric device is very helpful if you have gum disease, bad breath or in case you wear orthodontic braces.
Do I Really Have to Floss?
When it comes to cleaning teeth people usually ask themselves a question: Should I use a dental water jet? Studies have shown that electric flosser is very effective for improving gum health. This cleaning method removes debris hiding deep between teeth. It also reduces bleeding. This specialized instrument gently removes food deposits without harming tooth. At the same time it is easy to use.
Symptoms of gum disease are bleeding, inflammation, or receding gums. This health problem is also known as gingivitis or periodontitis. The main cause of this disease is dental plaque. The good news is that gum disease is preventable and curable. To reduce the risk factors you have to maintain proper oral health care.
If you have periodontal pockets you need a dental water pick. It can clean toxins hidden in deep spaces between teeth. The dental waterjet uses pulsation, tickling vibrations and pressure to clean bacteria. In comparison, the manual floss cannot reach into a pocket.
The oral irrigator also provides benefits to people with implants, crowns, and bridges. Using this device you have much of a chance of keeping your teeth healthy at home. This is an essential element of a successful routine.
If your diet contains sugary foods and soft drink you are more likely to get cavities so opt for an oral irrigator to maintain proper hygiene. Purchasing the best water flosser will contribute to positive changes in your routine. That will give you a reason to smile!
Best Water Flosser Benefits
- Reduces dental plaque
- Kills bad bacteria in the mouth
- Time-saving and user-friendly
- Proven safe to use with dental implants, retainers and crowns.
How to Use a Oral Irrigator?
This device is time-saving and easy to use. It will keep bad breath away and will help ensure a healthy mouth. The purpose of the best oral irrigator is basically to leave the surfaces of the teeth clean and smooth. It will take only 2-3 minutes to clean your teeth.
Here are step by step instructions
- Fill the plastic container with water and put it back on the base. Use lukewarm water in cases of exposed dentine to avoid the unpleasant pain.
- Choose the right oral irrigator tip and insert the tool into the handle.
- Place the tip over the sink, and set the pressure control at medium pressure.
- Place the tip in your mouth and switch on the device. Close your lips to prevent splash.
- Point the tip vertically and spray a mist of water to wash away debris. Keep the tip in motion around the teeth. Clean around front and inner tooth surfaces – in circles and up and down. Do not forget the outside part and the tongue. Focus on the area of lower front teeth.
- Turn unit off, remove the tip and unplug the flosser.
Which Dental Waterjet Should I Buy?
What’s the Best Water Flosser? There are several different kinds of oral irrigators. The most popular type is based on a Pulse flow technology. What does it mean? This method allows the injected water to flow to zones below the gum line. When not in use, the best place for this dental water jet is on a bathroom sink and close to electrical outlet. The most popular brand of this type of dental waterjets is Waterpik. This brand has been producing the best water flossers since 1964.
There are also direct flow irrigators that are connected directly to the tap. The main benefit of this technology is that this device does not require electricity or batteries to work. It it is easy to connect and store. The direct flow water floss seems to be perfect for travelers, especially those people with braces and retainers. You can use this irrigator anywhere.
The third type is Pulsed flow magnetized water flosser. A good example of tools based on this technology is the HYDRO FLOSS Oral Irrigator that features 1200 pulses per minute. This device has a removable and easy to refill reservoir. The dental irrigator is not portable and you need to store it on your bathroom counter. Take into account that electricity is required.
There are also dental water jets based on micro-bubble technology that blends air and water. The most popular products featuring pressurized air and water are designed by Brown and Oral-B.
Tips and Accessories for Best Water Flossers
The aim of the standard jet tip is to spread the water across the teeth and reach almost half of the pocket depth. The classic tip is tested for safety and efficacy for home use. The tool has to be replaced every 6 months. There is a low-pressure variation of this attachment. It is designed to clean sensitive zones.
A good example of uniquely designed irrigation attachment is a rubber tip by Waterpik. The Pik Pocket tip penetrates more than 80 percent of the depth of the periodontal pocket. It almost reaches the base of the pocket! There is a variation of this attachment featuring low-pressure flow. Take into account that pocket depth vary between 4mm and 7mm. It is useful to know that traditional toothbrushes and string floss does not penetrate more than a millimeter below the gingival margin.
The orthodontic tip is perfect for people using brackets and retainers, and is an essential element of treatment planning. It is recommended to change this appliance every 3 months.
People with crowns, bridges, and implants have to buy plaque seeker tip. It is designed to reach areas where food particles accumulate.
Water Flosser Tip Storage Case
The hygienic case can store up to 6 tips. It comes with different types of appliances. The case is perfect for standing on your bathroom`s sink or to put it in your luggage.
Battery Charger for Dental Waterjet
Portable or cordless dental water picks need batteries to work. A battery charger is a good option for you and your home irrigation.
Ultimate Guide to the Best Water Flosser
Reviews of the 3 Best Water Flossers
Waterpik Aquarius Professional Water Flosser
What is new?
The oral irrigator features high-end and lightweight design. It can be a beautiful accent in bathroom interior. The Waterpik unit has a new hydro-pulse massage button.
- LED information display;
On-and-off water control on the grip to pause the flow of water;
- Seven water flosser tips included – 3 standard jet tips, a toothbrush attachment, a Plaque Seeker tip for implants and crowns, a orthodontic tip for anyone with retainers or braces, and Pik Pocket tip to be used for periodontal pockets;
- Improved pulse-modulation technology;
- Timer that guarantees water flossing of front, inner and side zones;
- Hydro-Pulse Massage Mode and Better circulation.
Pros and Cons
There is no doubt that electric dental cleaners make your teeth look healthy and shiny. Here are the main benefits of this Waterpik flosser.
- Removes the dental plaque from your mouth and cleans food particles hidden below the gumline;
- Helps to reduce gingivitis and gum disease;
- Gentle and effective for people with periodontal pockets, implants or crowns;
- Compact design;
- Special button helps you pace the water flossing;
- 10 pressure settings;
- Operates quietly;
- Good water flossing capability – at high pressure the tool will run for 90 seconds; at the lowest pressure, it will operate for 3 minutes.
- Compared to other Waterpik dental waterjets, the Aquarius has a storage for only 2 tips;
- The storage place for tip is on the side of water reservoir and it is not easy to use it;
- The unit can be used only in North America because is not compatible with European voltage.
Panasonic Oral Irrigator EW-DJ10-A
This portable water flosser is on the top of bestseller lists. The cordless electric flosser is perfect to use at home, in the office or when you travel. The powerful and portable Panasonic oral irrigator perfectly fits in your bag. This appliance will help you maintain your teeth healthy and shiny anytime.
Despite its compact design, the unit features powerful streams of water to remove debris between teeth. The irrigator floss operates at 1,600 water pulses per minute.
The Panasonic dental irrigator is also gentle on sensitive gums and increases circulation. You just have to adjust the pulse rate at low-speed setting. Here is a list of its main features.
- Portable and Cordless;
- Easy fill 5.5 oz. reservoir;
- 2 Speeds – 1600 pulses per minute for everyday cleaning and lower speed for sensitive teeth;
Pros and Cons
- Easy to wash and maintain;
- Easy to refill;
- Compact design;
- Takes up less space on bathroom counter;
- 100% waterproof.
- Batteries are not included;
- Requires throw-away batteries
Waterpik Classic Professional Water Flosser Review
This irrigator floss is designed to deliver antibacterial products deep between teeth and remove toxins. This feature makes this appliance very effective in improving bad breath. The efficacy of flossing with antimicrobial agents is clinically proven. To combat the gum disease mouthwash must be applied frequently and for a long period of time.
The huge reservoir and powerful water stream are also useful characteristics of the Waterpik`s classic model. The dental irrigator is easy and effective to use at home.
Due to the several pressure options you can achieve the best for you combination of pulsations and flow strength. There are six water pressure control settings. You can start cleaning with the low pressure spray that is gentle to your gums and gradually increase pressure for deep cleansing.
- Reservoir capacity: 90 sec (It will run longer on low setting);
- 3 tips (including Pik Pocket Tip to deliver antimicrobial rinses);
- 360 degrees rotating tip;
- 6 pressure settings.
Pros and Cons
- Huge reservoir, no need for refills;
- Perfect for treat of periodontal pockets;
- Fitted with Pik Pocket Tip to target the zone below the gumline.
- The top is not effective in keeping out dust from reservoir;
- This irrigator floss is compatible for use in North America only.
See More Dental Water Jet Reviews
- Philips Sonicare Airfloss Rechargeable Electric Flosser Review
- Rechargeable Oral Irrigator by ToiletTree Review
Water Flosser – Q&A and Facts You Should Know
To choose the best water flosser for your needs, you have to be aware of some interesting and helpful facts about this homecare tool. The useful information is assembled here.
1. How Often Should I Use A Water Flosser and How Should I Do It?
Dental professionals recommend to water floss your teeth 1-2 times daily. This is an essential part of your daily hygiene routine. It is better to use this device after toothbrush and classic string floss. 90 seconds is enough time to thoroughly clean your mouth. Do not use the water flosser more than 5 minutes. Some people believe that long-lasting flossing forces bad bacteria deeper into the tissues.
If you are a first time user you need to master your technique. First point the tip to the back teeth, then follow the gum line. Keep up until all zones have been washed. Since an irrigator flosser may produce significant amount of pressure you have to avoid aiming the water stream under the tongue. It is important to know that you have to remove any mouth jewelry before using a water pick for teeth to avoid serious damage.
2. Can I put mouthwash in the water reservoir?
Most of the best water flosser models are designed to deliver rinses with antibacterial properties. You can treat medical problems such as gingivitis, bad breath and periodontal pockets by pouring mouthrinse in the oral irrigator`s reservoir. The efficacy of this teeth cleaning in reduction bleeding is clinically proven. Try to mix 3 parts water with 1 part antibacterial solution. Do not overdose because some ingredients are considered to be harmful or toxic.
3. How should I use the Pik Pocket Tip and Tongue Cleaner Tip
The Pick pocket tip as well as tongue cleaner head should be used on the lowest pressure setting. Gently move the appliance around gum line so that it reaches the depth of the periodontal pocket.
Place the second tip in the middle of the tongue and start flossing. Apply light pressure. Spend at least 60 seconds washing.
Keep up following the latest facts and information on teeth cleaning to find the best dental care tips for your needs. In conclusion, the more you know about home oral irrigation the best water flosser you will choose.